Drill jumbo with drive and two BTL drill booms for operation in underground mining
- perfectly suited for blasthole drilling, rockbolting and extension drilling
- hydraulic drill control with tapping function and anti-jamming
- telescopic BTL drill booms with double rotary drive for quick and accurate positioning of all drill holes. All bolts and joints are made of materials highly resistant to wear and easily adjustable
- carrier with crawler tracks for maximum stability and manoeuvrability in narrow tunnels and mine workings, driven by an air-cooled diesel motor with low emissions
- the basic version includes air compressor, water pressure booster pump for flushing water, telescopic protective roof and operating lights
- modular construction of all components – easy access and easy maintenance
Normally dhms drill jumbos are equipped with crawler tracks. The crawler tracks are optimally designed according to the number of drill booms, attachments such as hydraulic working platforms installed and the geometrical requirements. The design of the robust crawler tracks is basically similar to that of the crawler tracks of the renowned dhms side dump loaders. They guarantee an excellent stability under all operating conditions and a simple and easy manoeuvrability. The hydraulic drives with an integrated brake system allow the machine to operate also on steep gradients.
Customers can choose from a wide range of different drill booms and supplementary equipment for a variety of applications:
- Telescopic BTL drill booms with telescopic lengths of 0.8 and 1.1 m and hydraulic parallel holding system. BTL drill booms especially suited for light weight crawler mounted machines. They have an integrated console, on which the complete control desk is mounted. This concept facilitates transport in the mine and assembly of the drill jumbo at the site. All pin connections are designed to be adjustable.
- Telescopic BT drill booms with variable telescopic lengths of 1.0, 1.3, 1.75 m and hydraulic parallel holding system. BT drill booms are especially suited for larger gallery cross sections and systematic bolting, because several rows of bolts can be reached from one machine position.
- Rigid BF drill booms with a length of 2.4 or 3.3 m and mechanical parallel guidance of the drill feeds with highest exactness. These inexpensive simple drill booms are especially suited for drilling of blast holes.
- Special drill booms for operation in mine sections with limited space or for installation to full face tunneling machines, roadheaders, continuous miners, monorail guided drilling systems or for other special applications.
Rock drills and rotary drills
For different drilling tasks, rock properties, drilling diameters and drill hole depths dhms drill jumbos are equipped with powerful rock drills or rotary drills.
The new powerful rock drills have a modern impact system. Wear on drill rods is reduced as the whole drill string is continuously pretensioned This prevents idle and blow impacts during drilling, the whole impact energy is used and thus high drilling speeds are achieved.
The short rotary drill dh DR1-160, which can be mounted on all kinds of drill feeds as an alternative to the rock drill, is used for drilling and installing of rock bolts in rock strata of low to medium hardness. Four different motors of various rotation speeds and torques are available.The standard dh DR160 model operates at a speed of 1,100 rpm and a torque of 300 Nm.
dhms drill jumbos have large dimensioned drive systems. For drilling each drill boom is equipped with a separate electro hydraulic drive string. Electric motors can be provided for every operating voltage and frequency.
The hydraulic unit consists of several pressure regulated variable displacement pumps designed as axial piston pumps. As pressure medium mineral oils or hardly inflammable fluids can be used.
The hydraulic unit includes a cooling and filtering system. Temperature and filling level are monitored automatically.
All travelling and drilling functions are directed from an ergonomically designed central control stand. Each drill boom has a separate control panel with operating levers and monitoringinstruments. Easy handling, especially for quick adjustment of the drill boom, is ensured by means of multifunctional control levers. The drill control includes a tapping function, an automatic connection/disconnection of hammer and an automatic anti-jamming protection. An additional speed stage and an adjustable drill speed are integrated for the insertion of resin bolts.
An electronic control as well as a remote radio control – only in explosion-proof version – can also be provided.
In addition dhms drill jumbos can be equipped with hydraulically operated slewing and telescopic booms with attached working cages of different sizes. These facilitate a number of work, such as loading of blast holes as well as the installation of bolt mats and bolts also in roadways with a larger height. The whole drill control can be integrated in the working cage.
Optionally further accessories such as air compressors, water pressure booster pumps, hose and cable drums and other useful attachments can be provided.
Also a water mist flushing system for water saving drilling can be provided.